Memory of being banned by Japanese Immigration against WWoofing and forced to return to Thailand on the arrival date .. Let’s unify our world.


I had never thought that such this event could happen to me or anyone; the event of being refused from entering a country and sent back immediately (especially when the country was Japan, where I have entered several times already). I believe this event can be called ‘deportation’!

How did it happen? Let me start by telling you about how I first knew WWOOF.
Having little money but wanting to travel abroad for some long time, I searched for cheap ways of traveling several months ago. I found that there are some volunteer jobs available. And I also came across WWOOF.

WWOOF is an idea that allows people (called ‘WWoofer’) who want to travel economically without having to pay for lodge and food to meet with an agricultural entrepreneur (called ‘host’) who does organic farming and wants some workers who are willing to work just for some food without needing payment. It sounds like a business exchange, right? But in fact, WWoofers do not want just to have free food and lodge. Their main goals are rather having good relationship and learning organic farming with the host. Similarly, hosts do not expect these unskilled WWoofers to be able to help them much. They might just want to get more friends from the wide world.

This form of traveling of WWoofers is called WWoofing.
The international WWOOF organization has its two main websites namely and (actually I don’t know whether both websites are operated by the same WWOOF team). However, to apply for being a WWoofer, we need to apply with the WWOOF organization of a specific country. In case of me who wanted to do WWoofing in Japan, I had to apply and register as a WWoofer with ‘WWOOF Japan’ via their website: . The registration fee is 5,000 yen per year (about 1,700 baht/year)

The home page of

The home page of

The home page of

Had I been little suspicious that the good idea of WWOOF in letting travelers to travel and learn cheaply while allowing organic farmers to get cheap labors may not please some national governments (especially the Japanese government) I would rather use the money spent with WWOOF registration for traveling on my own, or go WWoofing but finding some techniques that can prevent such this deportation event from happening.

Some pages in that show evidence of my registration and contact with the host.

After having spent the registration fee and become a WWoofer, I suddenly had an inspiration to go WWoofing right then. (One of the reasons is that it had rained for several days in my place at that time. That means the trees in the United World Monument and inside my private land should be able to wait till I am back. Or if I need to leave them with my aunt, she wouldn’t have to water them so much.)

The United World Monument and the United World Pavilion near my private land

The host that I contacted replied my message within the same day. (That might be because they also informed in the WWOOF system that they needed WWoofers urgently.) This host was an uncle and an aunt who live with just two of them without having a child. They do a cow and goat dairy farm, which should be pretty big. According to comments from previous WWoofers staying with this host, most of them were highly impressed. I then imagined my own WWoofing life: that I will take photos with goats and cows; learn how to take care of animals with love according to the host’s profile (although I personally have never wanted to raise animals because I don’t think it’s possible to raise animals without forcing or jailing them); learn their techniques in producing organic vegetables; meet other WWoofers from different regions; observe Japanese tradition and culture from this family and their neighbors who help them work; and, last but not least, I might come across my life mate while WWoofing (actually this is the ultimate goal, ha ha).

Map of the farm I was going to, and some photos of the farm I captured from WWOOFJAPAN.COM

This host in Okinawa was chosen not only because I had a tie with Okinawa from getting a wonderful chance to attend a training course with world-wide friends at Okinawa International Center (OIC) for 5 months in 2005-2006, but also because the flight fare of Peach Airline that provides direct flight from Bangkok is much cheaper than going to other airports in Japan. (Unfortunately, I was in urgent, so my outbound flight cost over 5,000 baht while my inbound flight was 3,780 baht. The total round-trip fare was 10,590 baht (including airport tax and seat-selection fee).

Round-trip airplane ticket has been reserved

When applying with, a form in the web page asked whether I have an international driving license. So I had another dream of driving in Japan for the first time. Thus I invested some money for applying for an international driving license from the Land Transportation Department of Thailand.

My international driving license obtained specially for this trip

21 March 2017, I took a free train (it’s free for Thai citizen) from Uthumphon Phisai train station, Si Sa Ket province, and arrived at Bang Sue station, Bangkok, around 9PM. I then got a subway train (MRT) to Petburi Station, and continued with Air Port Rail Link train from Makkasan Station to arrived at Suvarnabhumi Airport well before 11 PM. (Departure time of the plane was 01:15 AM, Thailand time).

The Airport Rail Link train I took

Nothing was difficult when departing Suvarnabhumi Airport. I could find the check-in counter of Peach Airline easily. I exchanged money for about 10,000 baht to obtain 31,000 yen net. All procedures were smooth until the plane left Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Photos when leaving Suvarnabhumi Airport and heading to Okinawa

Next, it’s about the long story of my life in Okinawa, Japan, which took a short time of just one day, but there are so many things I would like to talk about it.

The plane reached Okinawa early in the morning of May 22, 2017. (The specified arrival time at Naha Airport was 7:30 AM, Japan time.) I sat near the window and luckily saw the nice morning view of the sun rising slightly above the airplane’s wing. I also took a VDO clip of the landing.

Views from the airplane before landing at Naha Airport

After getting off the plane and walking to the airport, passengers would have to encounter the immigration control.
Since there were many people waiting in the long lines, I went to the nearby toilet. This modern Japanese-style toilet was pretty nice. There are some water spray buttons for the lavatory too.

Collection of photos when getting off the plane and waiting to pass the immigration at Naha Airpot

The two documents I needed to fill for passing the Japanese immigration control

Please notice that the right hand in this photo is the office of the immigration officers. Inside the office, there is a small room, where I was investigated and captured inside.

When I got out of the toilet, the line became short. I was almost the last person, with only 4-5 persons behind me in the line.
The immigration officer who inquired me was a young woman. She could speak English quite well. She looked at the information I filled in the disembarkation card, and asked me for a confirmation that I would stay for as long as 14 days. I replied proudly ‘Yes’. She asked for my return ticket and hotel reservation. I handed her the printout of my conversation with the host regarding the address.
She asked me whether I would work with this farm. I said ‘Yes, but it’s not working for money, just working for free food and free stay.’
She didn’t let me pass easily. She took me away from the line and told me to stand and wait for her boss in front of the office beside the immigration barrier.
When her boss came, he talked with me for little while then someone came to inform him that my bags should be checked first.
So the immigration boss took me to the luggage checking area.
After I passed the scanning machine, one of the officers there performed a task of inspecting every bags of mine very intensively.
All items in all bags were taken out for inspection and then put back. All my rolled shirts were unrolled for checking before re-rolling. Small purses were opened. All chambers in my wallet were inspected. (The inspector had a serious face. But he once asked me nicely, ‘is this your girlfriend’s photo?’)
The result was that all my belongings passed the inspection. The only thing that they suspected was the flower garland that I bought from the exit at Petburi MRT station. (I bought because I was impressed with the kindness of the young seller who told me the direction to a 7-11 shop (although I followed his instruction and couldn’t find it).) They said ‘For this flower, let me check it over there’. One of them took the garland to another section, which might have the main duty of investigating all organisms . Two minutes later, the officer came back and returned the garland to me.

Then, the Immigration boss took me into a small room inside his office. He could ask me only a few questions before having to take me out. He told me to wait in front of the office because more people are coming. (This boss can speak English very little.)

Then, there are many passengers from another flight arriving. I got a chance to brush my teeth. I thought to myself “Lucky that this is me. For other foreigners who have no experience in Okinawa and encounter such this serious and lengthy checking, they would certainly feel anxious. (At that time I still felt relaxed. I had no need to rush because I made appointment with the host at 2PM. It was just 8AM then. The host lives in Ogimi village, which requires me to take two buses to travel for 3 hours in total.)

There were 2 passengers from the new flight who were detained like me. Their faces look like Indian people, but they said they were from New Zealand (the younger guy said his parents were Indian but he was born in New Zealand). They were detained because they didn’t reserve a return flight. They explained that they came for buying cameras, and they were not sure when they could get the cameras. If they reserved a flight and changed later the cost would be very high for them, they said. Eventually both of them were allowed to pass. There was only me left to continue talking with the immigration boss inside the small room.

This time, he used a big desktop telephone to call someone. He also turned on speaker phone so that I can also hear the conversation. I was glad and hastily said ‘Hello’ via the phone. I thought he let me talk with the host. But I was wrong. He had me talked with an interpreter, who sounds like a senior woman. The interpreter could speak Thai, but I had some difficulty in catching some of her Thai words.
The inquiry started by confirming whether I understood the Thai language spoken by the interpreter.
The immigration boss asked a question, then the interpreter translated. There were about 10 questions altogether, such as what is my job, how long I will stay, how did I knew the host, and whether I would stay with this host for the whole period of 14 days.
I was overconfident that WWoofing is nothing wrong. I knew from the internet that many people had come WWoofing in Japan. I thought I would never be banned from entering the country. If WWoofing is really illegal, they might just prohibit my visit at the host’s place, but would let me travel only around Naha city.
With this confidence and a feeling of a quick conversation, I didn’t tell the detail of my trip that I planned to live with the host for 12 days and then stay in Naha for 2 days for visiting some persons. (My messages with the host in the system of can be an evidence of this plan.)
So, I answered her “Yes, I will stay with the host for the whole 14 days.”

After the interpreter translated all my answers to the immigration boss, she finally translate the decision of the boss to me with a harsh voice that ‘We decide that you cannot enter Japan. You come as a tourist. You cannot do such this activity. We are going to send you back today!!’

It was like I was hit by a thunderbolt. I started to feel worried. ‘Hey, are you really about to drive me back! I have just arrived!!’
However, I couldn’t think of a word to say with them then.
The uncle immigration boss hung up the phone with the auntie interpreter in order to prepare a document.

My worrying face

While waiting, I realized that I should explain to them that I also planned to visit some people whom I knew during the training in OIC.

The immigration came back, and made a call to the interpreter again.
I hastily asked the interpreter to explain to the immigration that I actually also intended to visit some friends whom I knew when attending the training in OIC. However, the interpreter said, ‘you didn’t say like this before. You cannot change your words now. It means you made a lie. You change your words just because the decision is like this. Decision has already been made and cannot be changed.’ (I don’t understand why the decision couldn’t be changed, since it was up only to the immigration boss.)
I was sad and tried to beg them with some teardrops. I told them ‘Many other people can come WWoofing in Japan. Why do you prohibit only me?’ But my begging was in vain. (They told me later that there was a Thai person came for WWoofing one week before me, and she was sent back too. Probably she came for the same farm as me.)
They told me to sign my name in the form as to acknowledge the decision. I had to sign sadly.
The uncle immigration boss told me just that “if you do not agree with the decision you may make an appeal. But I suggest you not to do so. The decision will not change. If you submit an appeal you will waste your money for a security charge, or you may be put in a jail.”
I thought to myself ‘I have been even in Lao prison, why I should be afraid of Japanese prison.’ (Read the story of my 7 days in Lao prison due to sleeping at a prohibited place here 
I’d rather stay in a Japanese jail for 2-3 nights than being sent back on the same day of arriving.
Thus I told them I wanted to appeal. However, they still tried to convince me not to appeal. They said ‘you will waste money for security control that we cannot tell how long it would take. The decision will not change because it follows the law. Do you think the law can be changed easily? No! The money of 31,000 yen that you have will not be enough. You will be put in a prison, and it’s very dangerous.’ Then they asked for my decision again.

For a long moment, I was silent, and they were silent too. Finally I told them ‘I wanted to try to appeal.’ (I thought to myself ‘At a worst scenario, I will just lose all money in the wallet and be jailed for a few days.’)
The immigration seemed to try to say again that I would lose money and he didn’t understand why I wanted to lose money. But this time he also handed the appealing form in front of me. So I signed.

On the left is the initial form informing me that I was not allowed to enter the country; on the right is the form made after the appeal, saying that I would be expelled from the country.

The conversation then ended. The immigration boss said goodbye to the interpreter whom he called ‘sensei’ (teacher). As I remember, 3 calls were made, and timing was noted for each call. Probably the interpreter is paid per minute. Probably the interpreter is an instructor in OIC, because she seemed to know OIC well when I first said about it. I wonder if I talked about my JICA training in OIC earlier, the situation might not be like this.

The immigration boss then took the form out of the room and closed the door. It was the first moment that I felt like I was jailed! Outside my jail is their office. Before the jail room was closed I saw two new men coming to the office. Not so long after that, one of them came into my jail and gave me a paper-glass of water. I was so impressed. But not only that. A little while after that he knocked the door. (Before I could talk to them and before they could enter my jail, we needed to knock the door.) He entered the room and asked whether I had some money so that he could buy something for me to eat. (The immigration might told him that I was hungry. There was a moment that I asked the immigration whether I could eat the canned dried lotus seed I bought from Thailand and he signaled me to eat quietly in the room.) So I handed him a 10,000-yen banknote. His face looked alarmed and asked whether I had some coin. So I gave him the only one 1,000-yen banknote I had. He received and asked me whether I could eat ‘pan’ (bread). I said I preferred noodles. But he said there was no noodle; only bread was available. So I said ‘OK’. He then left the room. After a while he came back with 2 big pieces of bread (one of them looked like a pizza). The total cost was 286 yen. He returned all my remaining money, and said to me ‘Here is all the change of 714 yen’. I was so impressed with both his honest and his kindness.’

The bread and the change from from the kind guard

I was then left alone in the room. After eating the pizza bread, I practice wring Japanese characters following the booklet I received from JICA since my first visit to Japan in 2002. (I was still hopeful that I might succeed in the appealing.)

Being alone in the jailing room, I practice writing Japanese characters that I hadn’t done for a long time

Then I felt chilled. I told the guard and he took me to the toilet and waited for me in front of the toilet with the open door. It was hard for me to pee like that.

Alone in the jailing room again, I tried to do some push-up and boxing to raise my body temperature (I looked around the room and saw no CCTV camera, I thought no one would know what I was doing.) But after a while, a new man came to open my jailing room’s door and left it open. (Probably they knew I was strengthening my body, and were afraid that I would be so strong enough to escape.)

This new man replaced the previous two guards. He seemed to be kind, and could speak English a little. So I asked him to charge my laptop. But he disallowed. (Actually I wanted to do some translation work that I had one job remaining undone before starting the journey.)

About two hours later, the immigration boss came. (I was a little hopeful.) He put a document on the table. It was like the one I received before, but this one has additional text saying something like “must leave Japan with the tonight flight.” He made a call to the interpreter again. The conclusion is that I had to go back to Thailand that evening. They asked me whether I would accept, and I said ‘I accept’ softly and sadly because of having no other choices. He had me sign a form. I made a no-smiling face signature again. (My signature normally shows a smiling character.)

Then the interpreter interpreted words of the immigration that soon there would be officers of the airline come to take me to wait for the flight. The conversation then ended. (The immigration noted down working time of the interpreter again.)

Not so long after that, the immigration boss brought a young man, whom I believed to be an officer of Peach Airline.
This young man had a kind and friendly character.
He told me that I had to pay for a security charge of 13,500 yen. He asked me whether I had money to pay.
With my dignity, I replied suddenly that I could pay, and asked him whether I would get a receipt. He said ‘Yes’. I handed him 20,000 yen (two 10,000-yen banknotes). He asked for smaller banknotes, but I said I had not. He then told me to wait and he would come back with a change and the receipt.
Oh, he also kindly asked me before leaving that ‘Are you hungry? Do you want to eat anything? I can buy you something to eat with my own money.” I was impressed but said ‘No, thanks, sir.’

The receipt of my payment for 13,500 yen (around 4,100 baht) for security control before being deported with a flight

Not long after that he came back with a change and a receipt. This time he also brought another man with me. ‘This must be the guard he mentioned’ I thought to myself.
I then asked him a question I wondered ‘If I don’t pay you money, do I have another option?’
He said ‘No’, and we both just had to laugh. (Oh, then why did you ask me? Hmm, but I thought, probably if I didn’t pay for the guard, they might put me into a real Japanese prison. I was a little regret that I didn’t get a chance to try Japanese prison. I had no problem to be jailed for a short time and know the exact time that I would be released. It’s a kind of traveling, in my opinion. But when I was in the Lao prison, it was not traveling. I wasn’t prepared and didn’t know my future. The experience in Laos was almost too cruel for me.)

Before the kind man took me away from the jailing room, I said to the immigration only that ‘Sayonara’ (goodbye). That was what I really felt. That was my true feeling. Being banned from entering Japan this time was like a severe rejection that made me too ashamed to come back, even though Okinawa is a place that I highly want to return. (After I left, the uncle immigration might felt like crying when seeing my garland that I intended to leave in the room. He might be so unhappy with his against-human-morality duty that he decides to resign. Haa, I am just dreaming.)

The garland from Thailand that I intended to leave there so that the immigration people see and remember me

The kind man took me and two security guards (one man and one young woman) to walk along a confidential channel that had to pass several security doors that require a password for passing. (The man used his hand to hide the password from others.) Eventually we arrived at the area where passengers have to wait before going to the airplane. (There were no other passengers at that time.) That area has a large hall, a large corridor, and a souvenir shop.

The hall that I had to wait for the flight from 5PM to 10PM

Before the kind man left, I asked him to help find a plug for me to charge my laptop and mobile phones (luckily there was one), and begged him to call the farm’s owner that might be waiting for me. (While talking with the immigration boss and the interpreter, I tried to ask them to let me talk with the host, but they didn’t do so. They told me just that what I said was different from what the farm told them.) The kind man called the number I gave him, but no one picked up the call. So he told me he had to leave a message for the number. Then we said goodbye and he left.

The place where I charged by laptop and wait for the time I would be kicked back to Thailand

I was left with the two guards at the area where passengers wait for an airplane. Beside the souvenir shop, which was not always open, there were three vending machines that sell breads and drinks. (I got bread from the vending machine when I was hungry.) Sometimes the male guard left and another old female guard replaced. (Or maybe she was just a worker there; the real guard is the young woman only.) There was once I walked pass them after I went to the toilet, and saw they were smiling. I tried greeting them. They answered with a friendly manner. (They were friendlier than I thought.) Later the young female guard was left alone. I tried approaching her and asked her name. She said “Nai” (It means she had no name or she didn’t want to let me know her name.) However, she let me know her age that she was 24 years old. When she asked me back, I said I was also 24. She made an unbelieving face. She later repeatedly asked me “Nan sai” (How old are you?). I also asked for her name once more, but she said Nai again. So I called her Nai san (Miss Nai). We thus had similar names: Nai san and Nan sai. (She could speak very little English, so we had some trouble in communication. I tried to utilize my poor Japanese skills, but sometimes we had to use Japanese-English dictionaries in our mobile phones.)
I asked her whether she had a boyfriend. She said ‘No.’ I then told her to be my girlfriend but she also said ‘No.’ I asked whether she likes this security job, she said ‘No, it’s very boring.’ I then invited her to stay with me in my farm but she still said ‘No.’ She also refused to give me her e-mail address or Facebook name. So, coming to Japan this time, I still hadn’t got a girlfriend. Actually, even if she agreed to be my girlfriend, I wouldn’t be able to do anything much because I was in a position of a deportee who was about to be deported soon. Since the time I arrived at the waiting area (around 5PM) until the taking off time (10 PM, Japanese time), I had time to be alone with her in the hall for just about half an hour. It’s kind of funny that she kept complaining that she was sleepy and blaming me that it was because of me she had to work overtime.

The souvenir shop

The souvenir shop

I took a photo of her (Nai san) without her awareness

Some Taiwanese and Thai passengers started to come waiting for their flights (about 3PM)

Around 8:30 PM, passengers started coming. Their flight was to Taiwan. Not so long after that passengers going to Suvarnabhumi Airport came. The flight to Taiwan may depart before the flight to Bangkok for just 15 minutes. Before the departure I got a chance to buy some souvenir in the shop. While I was buying, the female guard said “Someone has come to replace me. Goodbye.” I could only say “Ja mata” (See you again later), although I realized that it’s almost impossible for me to meet her again. The person who replaced her was a small man but had a serious face. I asked him about my passport, and he said it was with him. I waited with him until other passengers passed the checking gate. He then took me to the gate and followed me up the stairway of the airplane before handed my passport and some documents to an air hostess. It was only after he had handed my passport to the hostess that I saw him smile relaxedly (and nicely too.) …. Oh, before getting on to the airplane, I got a chance to take some photos. I then looked beyond the airport’s fence, which was quite far away. I wanted to run away and climbed across the fence, but I just dared not do so. I looked up to the sky. It was the same sky I say 11 years ago when I looked up and thought about someone whom I had to luck to live together. I took a deep breath and said goodbye to the Okinawan sky. This might be the last time. When I turned my face down, an air hostess who greeted passengers at the stairway’s foot gave a kind smile to me. It was like she understood my feeling. It was a little encouragement I had before having to leave Okinawa pitifully.

The plane that sent me back to Thailand

Goodbye, my lovely Okinawa

My seat is at the last row in the airplane. Although it is a pitiful seat, it is good to sit near the window so that I could see some last night views of Okinawa.

At the seat in the last row of the airplane when coming back to Bangkok, my face shows a different mood as compared to when going to Okinawa

Nightlight in Okinawa .. from the airplane

The plane arrived Suvarnabhumi Airport around 1AM (Thailand time). I was the last person leaving the plane. There was a Thai man with a black T-shirt waiting for me. An air hostess gave my passport and documents to him. The man led me walk fast for a very long distance. We went down the underground floor to the police office of the airport. The policeman didn’t ask me much. I just asked for my house’s telephone number and let me sign a document. The black-shirt man then again led me walk hastily for another long distance until reaching the gate that had some security officers. He told an officer and said goodbye to me. (Thank you, man.)

After getting out of the gate, I walked to find a place to sit down and charge my equipment. I found a nice place beside the TOT charging spot that I could sit down and use my computer and mobile phone to send a message to the host via WWOOF Japan website to explain my story. I recalled what happened to me and was sleepy/sleeping until 6AM then went to the Airport Rail Link station that had just operated. That’s the end of my WWoof trip in Okinawa, within 1 full day. (My outbound flight was around 1AM and my inbound flight arrived around 1AM too.)

Exchange money again at the airport, and the spot I sat down to charge my things and wait until the morning

****** The followings are issues I want to remark about this event. ******

1. I have to try to accomplish my goal of world unification as soon as possible so that I can go back to Okinawa again and have confidence that I will not be prohibited from entering like this again. (World unification is to unify all existing countries into one country. All current countries will become states or provinces of the World Country. All human beings will have the same status as a world citizen, who has a right to travel freely around the world without having to make any documents for crossing any borders. I have tried to promote this idea for so long. You can see some of my work at the Facebook page “ชมรมรวมโลก World Unification Club” and at the website “”) .. However, this goal can never be achieved without cooperation from all humans. So, as you are a human, please please request for world unification with me. Let’s unify our world.

2. Although I didn’t inform in advance before leaving Thailand that I would bring some gifts from Thailand and from my WWoof farm to visit three persons specially in Okinawa, I want them to know that I truly planned to visit them (if they had time to meet me.) These 3 persons are: Professor Nakamura (who gave me a great inspiration on world unification when I had the training in OIC; Mama Akiko (who took a very good care of me and other two OIC friends during our homestay period), and Yoko san (who I fell in love severely alone during my OIC training).

Even though I want to see you people so much, but when thinking about the immigration boss and the interpreter and the tendency that I might be kicked back again, I might never try to go to Okinawa again until the world is unified. Once the world become one, I will hurry to go to meet you.

The message that I told the host I could stay with them only till April 1st or 2nd because I wanted to have some time to visit friends in Naha

3. Immigration control is a process that deprives a right of humans. All humans should have a right to travel freely in public land around the world, as long as they don’t harm anyone.

4. It’s very sad. A man who asks for borderless freedom so much like me became the one whose global freedom is limited so much. It’s already sad to see travelers having to waste time with immigration. We should be able to get down an international airplane and continue traveling like a domestic flight.

5. It seems like I was refused because I had only little money in my wallet. Poor people cannot or should not travel? Birds that have no money at all can all fly around the globe equally! I will be a representative of poor people who fight with those who are mad with power and money. (I had 31,000 yen and you thought I was poor. I might even had less than that if my mum didn’t insist me to take her 5,000 baht for this trip.)

6. Why Japanese government dislikes WWoof? Just because WWoofers don’t spend much money for traveling? Do you prefer travelers to go to Pachingo (Japanese-style casino) than to do organic farming? Using much money doesn’t always improve the society. Instead, doing good things while traveling is more important. Have you ever thought about this, government? The earth needs humans who focus on environmentally-friendly farming. Have you seen the result of your economy boost? Robbers are more abundant these days because you only try to boost the economy and that means boosting human desire!

7. WWoof is a great idea. Many people made good reviews about their WWoofing stories. Then why governments don’t support? That means governments don’t really represent their citizens. May all governments please know that world citizens now want the world to be unified and want to visit their global friends freely.

8. The immigration boss and the Japanese government don’t only disappoint me. They also disappoint people in their own country. My host replied my message that they were also disappointed with the work of the Okinawan immigration boss in my case and some other previous cases. (They should have told me when I asked them about the address to tell the immigration. I didn’t know at all that WWoof was not supported by Japanese government. Anyway, the fault was not at me, the host, or WWoof Japan, but it is at the Japanese government that blocks a good way of traveling like WWoof.)

My message asking the host to tell me the address to put in the Japanese immigration form

9. I sent an e-mail telling the story to WWoof Japan. (I complained to them.) They wrote me back kindly and gave me a T-shirt and another gift to encourage me. However, this story is written by me only. They did not know at all that I would publish this story. (However, I might tell them after I have posted this story for a month.)

The WWoof t-shirt and a multi-purpose cloth that I received from WWOOF Japan as to soothe me.

10. For you who want to go WWoofing ain Japan and don’t want to be deported like me, I have some techniques to suggest you. For Thai people who can travel in Japan for two weeks without advance visa, you may reserve cheap accommodation with a hostel for a few nights. If they ask why you didn’t book hotel for the whole period, you can tell them that you are not sure if the hotel will be good, and you may change a hotel if it is not good or if you want to experience new hotels. For me, I think I won’t use this technique because, as I said, I will try harder to unify the world and then go back to Okinawa when all human beings have full freedom of borderless traveling.

11. I have never thought this could be possible. How dare they sent me back when I had just arrived? They didn’t think this will disappoint my friends who wait to hear my WWoofing story at all?

12. I made another Facebook page called “President of the World Kongjak Jaidee”. I appointed myself to be the (a) world president. I have my formal T-shirt that I wrote “I am the President of the World. I will not resign until there is the World Presidential election.” I did not wear that shirt because I didn’t want to show off. But, since you deprive my freedom, I might need to express my position next time. Ha ha.

President of the World “Kongjak Jaidee” (based on self-appointment)

13. For friends who are disappointed in seeing me in a Japanese prison, I searched the internet to get some photos of Japanese jails for you instead. Hmm, they are pretty good. Prisoners have their private rooms, which are tidy and cute. Anyway, freedom is more important. No one wants to be jailed. Now it seems to me that I am jailed within the boundary of Thailand. Whenever I want to get out of the Thai Kingdom jail, I have to ask for permission to cross a border. Oh, humans, why do you dream to travel over the space, when even in the same land that the earth allows you to travel by cars or boats or walk or swim, you make jails (borders) to block yourself.

Pictures of Japanese prisons from the internet

14. On May 9th, 2017, I tried driving from Si Sa Ket Province, Thailand, to Chong Sa Ngam Border Crossing for traveling in Cambodia. (If I could pass the crossing I wanted to go to an organic farm that offers a program similar to WWoof). I wanted to know whether they have allowed driving cross border easier after the commencement of AEC (ASEAN Economic Community). The result was that, the immigration in Thailand allowed me, but the Cambodian side requires me to have a Cambodian person to come and pick me up. In conclusion, I could not take my car to travel in Cambodia. I had to leave my car with the soldier camp in Thailand and went to Anlong Veng city (the nearest city) of Cambodian with a taxi motorcycle. See? Country separation makes us difficult to travel around the world. Let’s unify our world.

This is the furthest point in Cambodia land that my car could reach. This spot is in the middle between the Thai immigration and Cambodian immigration.

Kongjak Jaidee (United World Supporter and the President of the World)
16 May 2017
I started writing this story in Thai version since I was back from Okinawa, but just finished this English version today. I posted the Thai version on May 10th, 2017 at 23 October Guesthouse in Anlong Veng city, Cambodia. The guesthouse was nice, and the price was very cheap, at 250 baht/night. The owner is kind, and she has a nice daughter ;). Free WiFi is also available. However, electricity and tap water may disappear some times. Please don’t be alarmed ;)